You're right - this book is exquisite!  I bought a copy of it for my
sister a couple of years ago, and now wish I had a copy myself.  They sell
it at the Fan Museum in Greenwich (London) for £30.

Annette

<<Dear Lacemakers,

For Inspiration -- a drop-dead fantastically beautiful book of antique
lace fans, I refer you all to:

"Ventagli della collezione Cesari" by Franco Maria Ricci, 1999, ISBN
88-216-0947-2, about $40.  It is over-sized and comes boxed.  In Italian,
but has English and French translations in the back.  Pictures of the fans
are full-size or larger...>>