From: Pickford Diana [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 August 2003 14:32
To: 'Ruth Budge'; 'arachne'
Subject: RE: [lace] time vs pieces

> And I can add the perfect excuse for buying new bobbins for
> years - announce to
> the DH who has just told you that "you *must* have enough
> bobbins by now", that
> you're going to make Miss Channer's mat one day.  Of course,
> the "innocent" DH
> asks "how many do you need for that?"   Well, the pattern
> says at least 250
> pairs...so go to every lace fair you can find, and enjoy yourself!!
>
> Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)

But I have already made Miss Channers mat and DH realises that even if I was
going to make another
I must already have the bobbins, there are so many around the house.
On the other hand if I sneak in the extra one or two He will never be able
to tell!
But to me the bobbins are like looking at a diary of my life
        My first lace day...
        A birthday present from my aunt...
        A lace course...
        A holiday in Devon...
        The first bobbin my husband brought for me...
        A Wedding present...
        A gift from a secret pal in Aus...
They all give me such pleasure and so many wonderful memories
Of course you can never have enough.

Thank you everyone for all the ideas for the 50th anniversary. I will do
something in lace but what ...
Today I will just think about it. It is too hot to do any thing else.

Diana

Berkshire, UK

This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of Vivista by
MessageLabs.

http://www.messagelabs.com or Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Vivista formerly Securicor Information Systems for further information
http://www.vivista.co.uk

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended
only for the individuals named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should be aware that any
dissemination, distribution, forwarding or other duplication
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  The views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual author
and not necessarily those of Vivista Limited.
Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message
you should seek appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by using the e-mail reply facility.