Hi everyone

I'm impressed with the description of the lacemaker working the bobbins
with one hand and putting pins with the other - it is efficient for speed,
eliminates a lot of the movements we use with two hands. The bobbin
lacemaker is a technician.

Areas of ground were made without placing pins - probably faster to do so
with just the one hand? I'm going to try that (my Midlands bobbins have
been idle while my attention has been on Tigne and Flanders...tsk!). The
flatter pillow or broad bolster would be conducive to this method.

To give one of my hands a rest, or if I *must* make lace and the other
hand is holding the cordless phone <g> I, too, use one hand to move the
bobbins. In this  case the same hand also puts the pins, so there is a
certain amount of stopping and starting.

How would you make a tally?
--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (west coast of Canada)