Dear friends,
I've been lurking for quite a few months now and have enjoyed the posts.  But I now
have a small problem.  I've just finished a piece of lace and while I was working on
it, I noticed a few tiny little insects running around on my pillow.  This is my only
pillow (at the moment) and I made it about 18 years ago at school.  (What a lucky girl
I was, my needlework teacher, Mrs Collins, was a bobbin lace maker and she taught the
2 of us that were interested, instead of embroidery!)  The pillow was made with a
hardboard base and a cover which was stuffed with chopped up hay/straw (can't remember
which).  Unfortunately, I get hay fever, so my friends at school had to stuff it for
me, and even now, if I haven't used it for a couple of years, I get the sneezes for a
few days of use!
I hadn't noticed these insects before,  but recently I've been lace making non stop
for about 8 months (instead of picking it up and putting it down for a year!!), so I
noticed them.
Is there any way of getting rid of them without destroying the pillow?
I'd be very grateful for any advice.
Many thanks,
Jo in hot, sunny and humid Cyprus (but then again, it's alway hot, sunny and humid in
Cyprus in the summer, unlike the UK!! VBG)