In 1990 my daughter bought me three bobbins while visiting York in England and was told
that the maker was an 80 year old man.  I would like to know the name of the maker if
anyone can help.  There can't have been many bobbin turners fitting that description.
One
of the bobbins was made from bog oak.  Your help will be appreciated.
Neil Keats in Newcastle, Australia at the mouth of the Hunter River, the home of the
fabulous Hunter Shiraz and Semillon wines.