Yes, if we all sit back and don't enter anything in these exhibitions, there
will be a very poor selection to view!!

Having lace made by relative beginners on display is good, as people can see
what can be achieved soon after starting lacemaking, and how a person can
progress to great heights!
If I only displayed perfect work at my annual demonstration here, I would
not have very much to show!!!

I find some people are more interested in the early pieces, as they then
feel they could, perhaps achieve that.  The more complex pieces they just
shake their heads over, thinking it would be beyond them.

It is the same with the list - if everyone was a lurker, there would not be
a list to read!

from Liz,   in a very cold, wet, Melbourne, Oz,