When we started our lace group way back in 1978 I suggested that we should
have a laceday. We were only l5 members, we hired a hall, advertised as best
we could, invited Doreen Wright to be our speaker.As I was the instigator, I
was naturally worried if we would get enough visitors to pay for all the
cost, but to our surprise. just over 7o lacemakers came.
Alas our speaker was very late, we thought she forgot. But in the end she
appeared, telling us that she run out of petrol on the motorway. So all was
well in the end and her talk was very helpful to us all.

Greetings Dora the Knotter

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dora.northern