Spiders,

I hopw that Christine Springett won't sue me over copyright if I quote out of
her book - Snakes Galore but her caveat is as follows:

"You are welcome to photocoy these patterns to make your pricking and to sell
the snakes you make as fund-raiser for charity but I would ask you to respect
my copyright by not passing on these photocopies to other lacemakers, ... we
would welcome the opportunity to send your friends or students their own
personal copy!"

I think this is one of the nicest ways of saying - don't STEAL.

Here's a thought ... in Judaism there are a set of laws call Lashon Hara -
which basically cover 'bad mouthing' people.  Why is this such an issue -
because if you repeat bad press about someone or say something nasty you steal their
reputation.  I believe that stealing someone's thoughts is just as bad - but
when you photocopy a pattern you have done just that.

I'm off to play with my chutney now

Liz

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I have no objection to my patterns being shared - but the courtesy of
> being asked is a small price to pay, maybe.  Likewise I have no
> objections to the lace being made for sale - for genuine charitable
> causes - but for someone to do this without asking permission would be
> in breach of copyright.

Regards

Liz Beecher