Dear tatters around the world,

I have not been very active on the tatting lists lately, but I wanted
to let you all know that -- thanks to the kindness of the organizers of
the Rolling Requiem (www.rollingrequiem.org), the September 11th
foundation, volunteers in Seattle and New York City, and many others --
the tatted hearts we made two years ago are on their way to the
families of the victims. This summer we put together packets with
badges that had been worn by musicians around the world, many of which
came with very touching letters, and put a tatted heart inside each
one.

For current new articles about the distribution, please see
http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=requiem05&date=20030905&query=Rolling+Requiem

and
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/artandlife/apother_story.asp?category=1404&slug=Sept%2E%2011%20Requiem

Thanks to all of you who made hearts, Lily Morales who made the first
big organizational efforts, and members of the Lacemakers of Puget
Sound who helped affix each heart to a card explaining the meaning and
symbolism of the heart. It has been a blessing having these tokens of
love pass through my hands.

Best wishes,
Emma near Seattle
NATA #235
p.s. please feel free to forward this message to any lists or people I
may have missed