> Perhaps you sit with your legs straight out in front with your pillow
> resting on them. Even if I could get down to sit 9 inches off the ground,
> I'd need a crane to get me up again. Or perhaps lacemakers were smaller in
> 1780.
>
> Jean in Poole

or they just rested their feet on it with the pillow in their lap ... by
the way , what makes it a lacemaker's stool ? and how can one say it dates
back to george III ?

puzzled dominique from paris

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning.
-Catherine-

si vous ne pouvez pas être un bon exemple, soyez donc un horrible
avertissement ....