Just had to reply to this one.  I recently finished a garter,
(one of Bridget Cooks) for a dear friends daughter's wedding.
Her dress was "candlelight" which is a bit like ivory.  The only
thread I had in that color was a fine cotton, and the only gimp
a sample spool of surgeon's silk.  It turned out to be lovely,
but I keep wondering if maybe she was meant to marry a Doctor ;-)

April
(Bobbin Art)