Years ago I bought a supple of insect pins through a university professor of entomology. I hated them because I bent 2 out of every 3 that I used. I guess I am ham-fisted ;-) Then I discovered the 'Ultra Fine Pins' sold by Tim Parker. They are slightly thicker so I don't bend them, slightly shorter, cheaper, and the pin head is about the same size. The size is 38mm x 0.40mm and they are great.

P.S. I sold the insect pins.

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada