Well just got back from what our coach driver lovingly calls the "Bruges
Endurance Run" -- 1:45 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.

't Apostelientje is still going strong, got some threads, a couple of
commemorative bobbins and some chocolate bobbins and a couple of Green Horseshoe
Thingies!  Also got three new study fragments:  A nice length (about 24x8") of
Point de Venise (raised couronnes but not to the degree of Gros Point de Venise).
 A delicate unicorn square worked in cloth stitch filet entirely by hand
(including the netting itself).  And about 6-8 inches of a very superior machine
lace imitation of valenciennes or similar. It's well over 100 years old, and in
keeping with my resolution to hunt out excellent samples of early machine
lace.

The stock of Orchidee is now at 't Handwerkhuisje Katelijnestraat 23. They
had some of the hookie bobbins, and I got myself a 50cm cookie pillow with a
wooden base drilled for my belgium pillow stand (they have little round knobs
like the Louet stand).

I also had the chance to see the book "Graced by Lace" in the Bruges
Boekhandel and didn't feel the need to peruse the book beyond the author's
introduction. I concur 1 google % with Jeri Ames' assessment of the book!  Even my
teenage daughter "the anime/manga fanatic" knew that Ms. Bonato's description of
"how bobbin lace is made" in the introduction was just plain wrong!

So I guess the kid does pay some attention to what mom is doing ....

Korwyn in Norfolk UK
tired but happy