Hi Adele and Everyone,
An excellent article on Hamilton Lace is "Lace-making in Hamilton" by Jessie
H. Lochhead, M.A. published by Hamilton Handbooks and Hamilton Public
Libraries and Museum Committee in 1971. According to the article the lace
"could represent the coarsest torchon or the finest Vaenciennes with endless
variations between"
Vibeke Ervo very kindly gave me the article.
Best wishes and keep bobbin' along from Avril in Denmark, where it has been
the most beautiful Autumn day, with a touch of our first ground frost this
morning, then glorious sunshine and a wonderful spectacle of Autumn colours.

--
And on the 8th day, God created golf courses and lacemakers........

Avril Bayne
Denmark