First, thanks to Tamara for presenting a great summary of the Polychrome class. It was
a terrific class and I'm sooo grateful I was lucky enough to get in. I **loved** the
class and loved the idea of mixing/blending different strands of silks to get just the
right color.

Pompi was great teacher -- good sense of humor and very helpful.

>Tamara wrote:
>I tried to follow the diagram -- dot by dot, and line by line -- and got so
>flustered, that the piece was a *total mess*. Unfortunately, I did not manage to get
>it lost before Pompi asked for all the samples to be gathered and displayed for
>eveyone's amusement... I collected it afterwards from the "shame table" but can't
>find it now so, hopefully, it died in transit :)

Phew! I was gone before Pompi asked to collect the samples! However, Tamara did get a
glance of mine after it came off the pillow. Not too bad if you ignore the few extra
tails caused by the three threads I broke while making the sample.

I had the same experience as Tamara did with the diagram -- I did better when I didn't
follow it. But Pompi was the first to admit that she is not a particularly good
creator of diagrams, so I think that's fine.

>Tamara wrote:
>The second sample was a real *piece*; starting at a point, it widens - slowly -- on
>both sides, and then rapidly narrows to a point (*just* as I managed to remeber how
>to make single, knotted, picots on the rh side, I had to learn how to make them on
>the lh side too <g>), with three leaves within it (net above them, HC ground below).
>I knew I wasn't going to finish it in class (not enough bobbins, and not enough
>thread..

I started this second piece in class -- well, Pompi basically started it for me by
putting on the first 4 pairs. I've had just a bit of time to work on it since I've
been home. This is going to be a very pretty motif suitable for framing. I'm looking
forward to blending the silks in different combinations to use for filling in the
three leaves.

Ithaca was wonderful event and I'm only sorry that I didn't stay for Monday. Lots and
lots of familiar faces and names!!

Candace in central Pennsylvania (USA)