Tamara wrote:

<calling it "treen" (instead of just
plain "wooden") doesn't make it old...>

TV programmes about antiques have taken over from cookery programmes in that
there's at least one on every day (frequently two). They always refer to
wood as treen, so that's one of the things I meant about having picked up
words from other sellers and put them together.

One of the programmes where contestants have to try to buy then sell
collectables for a profit is on while we have our lunch, so we watch it, and
it always surprises me that we never see any lace bobbins or other lace
related items even when the camera is scanning the sales tables of the
sellers at large antiques fairs.

Jean in Poole