[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> An easy way to slip a lace bookmark into a plastic sleeve is by folding a
> piece of thin card in half and cutting it along its length so that it is
> just slightly narrower but longer than the plastic sleeve. Place your lace
> between the folded card with just the top of the lace poking out at the top
> of the card. Slide this inside your plastic sleeve and whilst pinching the
> top of the lace through the plastic sleeve slowly &carefully pull the card
> out of the plastic sleeve. Your lace should now be neatly inside without any
> distortion - as my students say - magic!
> Nicky   in a very cold Suffolk, but what a beautiful sunset we had.

This made me think about how I have always put lace into my bookmark sleeves
- I grasp the sleeve by the sides, with one hand and 'pop' it open - ie
squeeze it so that it opens up.

I then take the lace and put the end into the opening.  Then I push it up the
opening with a plastic chopstick.

I used to use a pair of tweezers to graps the lace but on fine lace I found
that this meant that I could rip or pull it.  Really cheap, plastic chopsticks
have a blunt end which stops this from happening.

Regards

Liz Beecher
I'm <A HREF="http://journals.aol.com/thelacebee/thelacebee";>blogging</A> now - see
what it's all about