[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I too learnt to the chant of ' 2 over 3 and 2 &4 back, 2 over 3' and still
> teach it that way. Seems to work well. My son ( now 17) proves he can still
> remember how to make lace by chanting it out. I know when my students are
> relaxing into their lacemaking by the lack af under the breath muttering of
> the rhyme! It also stops the early worry of what is a cross and what is a
> twist.
>
> Lynne.
> Lynne Cumming

Lynne,

I know that the lady who taught me used this as one of the ways she taught -
I think it may be geographical because she was taught in Herts by someone who
had worked for the local education authority but I'm sure you'll prove me
wrong by saying you learnt from someone in suffolk!!! <GRIN>

Regards

Liz Beecher
I'm <A HREF="http://journals.aol.com/thelacebee/thelacebee";>blogging</A> now - see
what it's all about