I've never had any problems making sewings with spangled bobbins because, like Jean,
you just need to make a larger loop for the spangled bobbin to fit through.  When I
was in the Prairie Rose Lacemakers group in North Dakota, we had lots of lacemaking
workshops & brought in teachers such as Holly Van Sciver, Judy Aycock, & Marni Harang
(sp?), among others.  All of us in PRL used spangled bobbins.  Our workshops consisted
of Milanese lace, Russian tape lace, Schneeberg, & more, & we all used spangled
bobbins & no one, including the teachers, ever had a problem with them.

Shirlee

Jean Barrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Good morning All,
Several people have mentioned the difficulty of making sewings with
spangled midlands bobbins in the course of this discussion. It saves a
lot of hassle if you lengthen the leash on the bobbin that is hooked
through the pin hole, so giving a much bigger loop to put the other
bobbin through. I know it takes a little extra time to lengthen then
shorten the leash, but that is offset against the frustration of
struggling with spangles which get caught against threads. No contest.
Jean in Cleveland U.K.