I was recently told a t a Lace Day that Pauline Lloyd had died. I have never
met Pauline or her husband Eric. However at a lace day in Manchester a couple
of years ago I met a lace group who were selling a folio of lace patterns on
behalf of Pauline for the hospice she was racing money for. I liked the folio
and rang Pauline and Eric. Pauline told me she had cancer and wanted to thank
the hospice that had helped her by selling her folio. She also said having sold
a lot sales had more or less stopped. I asked if I could buy the rights to
continue to produce the folio and she told me what she needed to reach her
target for the hospice which I agreed to pay. I emailed her a number of times as
most of you know I am not very good with computer and the folio was on a disc!
She was always helpful and kind as was her husband whenever I got to talk to
him. I am glad she survived for quite a while. I think they both knew the out
look was limited but they seemed to get on with life and to love each other. I
am sorry I never met Pauline in person but will always remember her lovely
manner, her kindness and of course her talent.

         KEEP LACING, VIVIENNE, BIGGINS