DH has successfully printed T-shirts with photos of birds that he took with
his digital camera. They came out extremely well because the colours were
bright and the images sharp. He used T-shirt transfer paper for inkjet
printers, which should be available from most computer supplies shops.

The process was: open the image in a suitable program, mirror the image,
print it selecting the appropriate setting on the printer for transfer
paper, trim round the edge of the printout leaving a thin border around the
edge. Then put a board covered with a pillowcase or similar inside a white
T-shirt (needs to be white or light so the border on the print doesn't
show), place the transfer paper, printed side down, on the T-shirt and iron
over it as directed on the paper packet. Allow to cool, peel off the paper.
Fix the image by placing a piece of white paper over it and ironing for 10
seconds. Peel the paper while still hot. Leave the T-shirt for 24 hours.
Wash before wearing. Iron the image on the reverse side only.

I was going to try it it with a scan of some of my nicer bobbins, but, being
3D, they created a shadow on the scan which I wasn't happy with.

Jean in Poole