Yes, certainly has been quiet this Christmas, Bev.
We've had a particularly quiet Christmas for several reasons, but I have managed to
get one UFO done
(Bucks Point hanky) and another nearly done.

I'm doing a wide Torchon mat edge (four sides) in Finca 30 and am on the home
straight.  I made a
nine block board from cheap blue builder's insulation for the project, plus an extra
block to start
on, and left the beginning pinned to this, just folding the work in progress over and
leaving the
spare block sitting on top.  Now I'm about to replace this starting block to finish
the work on -
this way I don't have to repin the beginning for joining up.

But I've noticed the body of the work has shrunk a fair bit as I removed pins as I
worked.  I've
never done such a wide edge before (about 6 inches wide).   Will my line of knotting
off look out of
place when I take the whole thing off the board?  The join will be along a corner
diagonal.

Noelene in Cooma
Wishing all on our wonderful list health and happiness for 2004
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/