Tamara, I read with great interest your answer about russian lacemakers. Here is an address where they say a little about Vologda:
http://www.vologda-oblast.ru/main.asp?V=316&LNG=ENG

I visited the Snezhinka center in Vologda in 1991 just a few months before the fall of USSR and I have often thought since then about the lacemakers working there? Do they still have work there? Who buys their laces now? In the center, they also had a new and well organized museum with a young and very dynamic director.

I hope this year in Prag,at the OIDFA congress, we have the opportunity to meet russian lacemakers.

Nicole Gauthier, in a very cold Montreal