Debra, I have traveled in the US twice this year with a pillow. The first time
was with my travel
pillow and it wasn't even an issue. I had work started on the pillow and a
corsage type pin for a divider.  The second time was from convention and I
carried on my 26" pillow containing
my work from the Beds class. I did have to open it all up, but I counted on
that ahead of time.The inspector asked more questions because he had read the
article in the paper about our  convention. He sent it on through.  I have
heard that people in countries other than the US have a better knowledge of
Lacemaking . Knowing that, they let pillows pass through since they know they
pose no threat. Ignorance makes people wary of any new thing so they just
don't
let it through rather than chance that it could pose a threat.

Merlene