>>>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I would like to reproduce this edging in a circular format.  How might I go
about doing that? <<<

It's reasonably easy to copy the design onto polar coordinate graph paper.
This is graph paper arranged in a circle, so the "vertical" lines of the
original correspond to circles and the "horizontal" lines of the original
correspond to radial lines.  It takes a little concentration, but you mark
the pinholes on the polar paper by hand.

Before you start, count how many pinholes (footside is easiest) to make one
repeat and then find a circle on a polar paper that has an even multiple of
that.  Polar paper doesn't just have bigger and bigger distances between
radials.  After a line goes a certain distance from the center, the blocks
are so big that the next ring has twice as many radial lines.

Robin P.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA