In a message dated 1/28/04 2:34:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I just got a new book in the mail, and at first look it
> appears to be a good one!  It certainly is beautiful!  It's
> Heather Toomer's book, "Antique Lace"  Indentifying Types
> and Techniques".   Schiffer Publishing, 2001, ISBN
> 0-7643-1384-3

Dear Lacemakers,

The above is the American version of the earlier book by Heather Toomer:
"Lace - Guide to Identification of Old Lace", Batsford, 1989, ISBN 0-7134-5701-5,
$48 when new in the U.S.

There is additional information (and more pages) in the newer book from
Schiffer, making it a better value at this time.  However, if you have the older
book, you might prefer something with completely new content for your
carefully-saved book money.

I think I compared these two books on Arachne last year, so will stop my
report now.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center