In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Brenda
Paternoster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>> Has anyone got their January "Lace " yet?
>
>No.  I'm still waiting for mine to arrive

I suspect the postal system is being a bit erratic - mine arrived on
Wednesday morning!

Somebody mentioned my bookmark pattern that is in this issue - thought
some people might be interested to know that I originally designed it
for an Arachne bookmark swap - two of the three Arachnes I was swapping
with had only just started making bobbin lace, so I thought I would make
a sampler of the basic torchon stitches they were likely to come across.
The ones I did for them I worked up in LBH 40 tatting thread - the one
that twists up a lot in tatting so a lot of tatters don't like it, but
it works OK for bobbin, producing a very firm result. One of my students
achieved a very nice effect using a pastel coloured variegated DMC Fil a
Dentelles 80 thread.

If anyone bothers to work it, I would love to hear their comments - and
I'm sure that goes for others who have patterns published, too - such
feedback motivates designers to continue designing, especially those who
may be new to design work.  Constructive criticism - ie of the problems
found in working patterns - is always helpful as it means the designer
is less likely to cause the same pitfalls again.
--
Jane Partridge