Jennifer,

I wanted to mount a piece of lace and needed it done 1) fast and 2)
securely for an aunt who would want to wash it regularily.

So, I tacked it securely onto the fabric and then sewed it on using the
button hole stich on my sewing machine - fantastic and it is great 2
yeas and many washes later.

I still prefer to mount by hand but for an emergency this would work

Regards

Liz B