Hi everyone - while it is quiet on the list, thought I'd share:

Probably I'm not the only one to whom this person has sent the following
questions. They write that they are a student in the 'Southern of
California' doing a research paper on lace-making in Ireland and they are
to interview 'an expert.'

Apart from the viri a-plenty these days, and that my inbox is full enough
with e-mails that I do want to receive, I am not going to respond to the
message as I'm not an expert on lace-making in Ireland :~]

anyway, arachnes, I'll sign off, Bev in Sooke, BC (west coast of
Canada) and here are the questions for your interest:

1) Are you an expert (have a PhD or some sort of degree) to give me
useful information in lace-making in Ireland? What credentials do you
possess?

2) What is the original method involved in lace-making? By hand or
machinery?

3) What technique is easier? By hand, Needlepoint lace or Bobbin lace? Why?

4) Is machinery ever superior? Nottingham, Leavers, or Pusher machine?
Barmen machine? Embroidery machine?

5) How much money and time does one spend making a lace tablecloth, say
2 meters by 3 meters?

6) What has a higher monetary value, through out the years, lace-making
by hand or machinery? Why?

7) How do people in Ireland learn these techniques? By relatives
(ancestors), friends or themselves?

8) What tests can be done to prove that lace is made by hand and not by
machinery?

9) What is the material used to make lace-making by hand and machinery?
Linen, cotton, acrylic or any other synthetics?

10) Is there important brand names one should look for in Irish lace?

11) Finally, is there any other useful information that I forgot to
mention which I could   use in a school research report?