Oh, yes, I quite agree.  I must be nearing the 500 mark with the wire pieces
I have designed incorporating lots of leaves.  I am also finding the
lacemakers who have made tallies (leaves) in fiber easily adjust to the nuances of
wire
and can relax a bit when making the wire tallies/leaves.

Then, for a bit of fun, I demonstrate making the leaf and in the middle of
the leaf process, I turn my pillow upside down.  Oh, the horrid looks on the
faces of the students!  I know that leaves and tallies in fiber are fiddley at
best.  One doesn't dare stop in the middle of a leaf or tally.  Wire will stay
where it is put and the integrity of the leaf is not lost when the bobbins are
dropped or the pillow upended.

With practice and practice and more practice, leaves and tallies, whether in
fiber or wire, become more manageable and beautiful.  As does one's skill at
making them.

Dianna Stevens
Kent Washington, USA
www.domesticarts.com