On Mar 23, 2004, at 7:13, Margot Walker wrote:

I think Tamara has misread the information about the tour. All meals are included - lunch and dinner in the price of the tour, and breakfast in the price of the lodging.

You're absolutely right; when I sat down to a "session" of filling the forms today, I did notice that breakfast was included in the accomodations price, whichever accomodation one chooses


I think the tour is quite good value - 5 days of touring, lodging, and meals for about US$500.

Plus the lodging for all but one night... It *is* good value, if you have the money. And if seeing lace, "in real time" (as opposed to photos) is of primary interest. But, to me, it's not, and the money supply is somewhat limited. So I decided on two one-day tours and a half-day "activity" *during* the Congress; $250 for the tours, I'm there and paying for the room anyway, I planned it so I can take in the lecture I want, and I still have about 2-3 hrs left for shopping (a saving in itself; if I had 3 days free to shop, there's no telling what it would cost... <g>)


Now, to figure out which meals are provided (or bought separately, like the OIDFA dinner) and which I need to buy at the U. With the U being some distance away from the city centre, eating "on the spot" seems like a sensible/time-saving solution. And I don't mind "institutional food", particularly in Eastern Europe; to me, it still tastes better than some of the restaurant fare in the US :)

----
Tamara P Duvall
Lexington, Virginia,  USA
Formerly of Warsaw, Poland
http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd/

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to