Hi All,  I just got a copy of "Venetian Gros Point Lace" by Nenia Lovesey
and Catherine Barley.  What a lot of delicious lace
inside!  I found it at a used book site.  The practical information
looks excellent and it is full of inspiring pieces!!  The painted
chiffon jacket with needle lace petals sewn onto the painted
flowers is spectacular.  The book also shows a doorknob with
a recess in it and a piece of Venetian Gros Point lace inside!
It's covered with a piece of convex glass.  In all the discussions
on arachne about what to do with our lace I don't think anyone
has *ever* mentioned putting it in a doorknob!  The projects
are charming and I'd love to do a sweep of flowers to cascade
over my shoulder.

I'm not sure if the arachne Catherine Barley is the same as the
author but if so I'd just like to say this is a wonderful book!!
I'm sorry I couldn't buy a royalty generating copy <G>.

Jane in Vermont, USA   Happy Easter to all who celebrate it!