From: "Samrah" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2004 6:00 AM
Subject: [lace] what to do with lace

> I am very new at this, but I am making Torchon fan lace inserts (5 of them
5"-7" long, 1", 1-1/4" & 2" wide)  to go in the front of a peasant blouse to
be made from cotton Calico-print fabric.  I know, perish the thought, but I
will probably cheat on this first blouse and use a very small, non-offensive
purchased lace edging for the actual neck edge (too much yardage for me at
this point), but I am planning on a Torchon pattern with fans & spiders,
about 2-3/4" wide for the sleeve edges (about 27" wide each).  I am working
in offwhite Brockens 35/3 linen with Danish bobbins on a bolster pillow
(about 6" diameter by 15" long).  At this point, I have done a practice
piece to learn stitches,  a bookmark to learn how to do the spiders, and
about three 1" pieces to get the hang of the fans for the inserts.

> Cinde
> in pleasantly sunny southern California where the sweet peas and roses are
blooming profusely, but summer is threatening to rear its fiery head