Method four (Fishing Line):

Used mostly in Australia, I think.  Use fishing line instead of wire.  It
makes a soft loop that will bend, wiggle, and flip.  The fishing line needs
to be tied at one side or the other of the bobbin, and a permanent glue
dabbed on the knot so it cannot come undone.  Then trim line ends close.

I just have to chime in on this methodology. I'm not a bobbin lacer (so you can
blow off my advice if you like - grin), but I have
spangled a zillion (okay, slight exaggeration) of my friend's bobbins, just for kicks.

I don't have The Giant Bead Collection like she does, so I really enjoyed mucking
about in 20 boxes of beads and matching them perfectly to each bobbin, and also
making the pairs similar. It's the same feeling as when one pokes about in
a button box. :->

We used the fishing line method, and I liked it very much.  Because the line
is very flexible you don't rip your hands apart trying to force wire through
tiny beads on a very tight curve, and there's no need for the pliers.

Also, you must pull the fishing line up very tight, and then the spangle isn't
at all floppy, bendy or wiggley.  It's very firm.

Also also, if you wind the fishing line through the beads several times after
you knot, you don't need to glue the knot. The line can be pulled very taut
(almost stretched) and cut so the ends are hidden inside the big bead at the bottom.

Just my two cents. :->

Vasna, in delightfully cold and rainy Boulder, Colorado, where we need the moisture

Vasna Zago
If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning.