There seems to be a lot of discussion about threads lately, so wonder if
anyone in France can help me?  I am currently working on a Point de Gaze
parasol cover  using 180 cotton thread for the background net, which I bought
from Susan Cox at the English Lace school in Tiverton many years ago.  The
thread was sold for making Honiton lace and although the gauge is okay, I do
find it rather soft/limp and it does tend to fluff somewhat.  Can anyone tell
me what type of thread is currently being used for Alencon needlelace?  I need
something very fine but with a little more 'body' to it.  I have tried the
Finca but believe that No 100 is the finest they produce and I need something
finer than this.

Catherine Barley
Henley-on-thames