I think an Arachne project would be wonderful!!  Someone (or a committee)
needs to draw up a "cartoon" of the whole, which has sections (as does
"HOOP") and then have those who want to participate indicate what sort of
lace they will be working... (Or maybe I have those steps in reverse?)
After another strategic session, laying out the "styles" so they flow
nicely, each person could get their section of the cartoon...  they would
design and execute their lace in the size, shape and general subject
assigned them.  It could be quite spectacular!!

Just out of curiosity, how many people would be serious about doing this?
Write me privately, and I'll report the number at the end of this week...

Clay

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]