>From this time, at least, the size restrictions were maximum 100cm (or 40" -
so if you've got size problems, work in inches <VBG>) in any one direction but
with a total of height + width + length not more than 190 cm (75").  But that
is in it's packaging so in fact, for example, if you want to do a long rigid
flat piece it needs to be less than 100cm.  A larger piece could be achieved
if it can be folded or taken to bits and fitted into the above size.  The
reassembly needs to be idiot-proof as it has to be put in and out of the packaging
several times.

The group entries just says "three or more" so I don't see why it should make
any difference where they come from.

Regarding the judges, unless they go around with blinkers on, they can't help
seeing and hearing about some of the entries.  If they are involved in its
making, then they will say they have "an interest" in that item and take not
part in judging it.  If they couldn't do that then students being taught by one
of the judges would not be able to enter.  Basilisk was made, as I said before,
to go in Pat's new book.  She saw my original design source but was not
involved at all in it's designing or making -  except for expressing some anxiety
when she needed it for the photography session and it was still on my pillow
(it took from 15-11-03 to 5-1-04 to make, with flu in the middle).

When it dawned on me that I actually had a finished piece of lace that fitted
the theme, I asked Pat if it was OK to enter it.  I didn't know she was one
of the judges and I meant OK as far as Batsford's were concerned.  She thought
I meant because she was judging and explained the above.

Because of the way arachne works, there will not ever be more than words on
"public" view.  Once the project(s) is underway, only those involved will "see"
what is taking shape.  For this reason, I can't see that there would be any
conflict of interest or unfairness.

If you want me to clarify any of the points, I will find out who I need to
speak to and do so.
Jacquie