I spent hours engrossed in "Brewer's Dictionary of
Phrase and Fable" last night, and found out all sorts
of seven-related things.

Anyway, the seven deadly sins each have an associated
colour, animal, and opposite cardinal virtue.

Pride: violet, horse, humility
Envy: green, dog, kindness
Anger: red, bear, patience
Sloth: light blue, goat, dilligence
Greed; yellow, frog, liberality
Gluttony: orange, pig, abstincence
Lust: blue, cow, chastity

Personally, I wouldn't have said that goats were
particularly slothful, or cows lustful, but there you
go.

Hope this helps someone.

Deborah

=====