Hi everyone,

My grandma, who was born in 1886, loved to make tatted and crocheted lace.
Mostly it was tatted lace she liked to make and when I was little, I never
saw her without her tatting shuttle.  I remember all our pillow cases and
sheets had tatted or crocheted edgings.  I learned to make tatted lace when
I was in my 20's but tatting books were scarce in the days before internet
shoppping, and I was often to be found gazing hopefully up at the shelf of
tatting books at the public library.  Well, the bobbin lace books were on
the same library shelf.  All I had to do was rotate my head a little, and
the rest is history.   My mother used to complain about the tatted
pillowcases when she opened her Christmas presents from Grandma.  Oh no, she
would say, not another one.  Now she gets them from me!  Life is tough all
over.

Sally Schoenberg
Anchorage Alaska
It's very dry, hot for us at 80F/27C.  Lots of forest fires but we've
escaped the smoke so far, thank heavens!