Jean Nathan wrote:
>I'm still looking for a supplier of horn bobbins. The one supplier I
>contacted who advertise horn in the lace magazines, doesn't actually have
>horn listed in their catalogue

Jean, there is a place in the south of France that makes horn bobbins.
It's in a little town called Revel, near Toulouse. The shop's name is La
licorne" (The Unicorn), as "horn" is "corne" in French.
I lived near there, and got talking with them one day and asked whether
they had any bobbins. They said they didn't have any in stock, but they
had regular orders from a lacemaker, and they were actually making some
for her at the time. They showed me what they made, and my husband asked
if they could make a pair for me as a birthday present, and they were
quite happy to.The style was a bit like the Normandy bobbins.
 They said they would be happy to make any style if they were given a
model.
The only catch is that they are fairly pricey. If I remember, the ones I
got cost about 15-20 euros each.
If you're interested, email me, and I will send you the address and phone
number.

The funny thing was that we were told they got their horn from Australia
as it was the best quality...:-))

helene, the froggy from Melbourne

http://au.movies.yahoo.com