Hi All,  I'm still working on the gold metallic "North Wind" in
Battenberg lace.  Some of the filling stitches are metallic and
some long thin sections get Russian Stitch in metallic thread
and then it's knotted with cotton thread.  Needless to say I'm
having a little trouble finding the Russian Stitches and I need
two hands for the knotting - they have to be very close together.

I've been pondering making an NL pillow.  DH is a plumber,
among other things, so we have lots of that black plastic pipe
around in different diameters.  I have an old wool blanket to
wash in hot water and shrink but I have to find it first.  But the
other day I saw "Pool Noodles" at the hardware store so
today I bought one!  I cut off a section and have been using
it this evening and it's working great!  The piece I'm making
is not too big so the size is fine.  I will make a real NL pillow
after the IOLI Convention but the noodle is making my lace
making life much easier at the moment!

Jane in Vermont, USA wishing I could get a break from hot
flashes in the summertime <G>.