>Sorry, I forget the most important thing. When I designed my first
>pattern, a Torchon-lace, I named it after her Hertha. To say her thank
>you for this wonderful craft she "gave" me.

What a shame you couldn't rescue any of her lace stuff, Ilske. Aren't
relations really annoying sometimes!!
Like my father who suddenly decided to give a cousin my absolute favourite
and cherished series of children's books, tossing out the first 3 volumes
as being too tatty to give away, just one month before I was due to come
to France, without telling me what he was doing first, and after having
had those books on the shelves for 30 years without saying anything!!! I
always meant to take them with me to Australia, but always had something
better to put in my suitcases before. If I'd known, I would have rescued
them before he threw them out! I got back the ones he gave to my cousin,
fortunately (I saw her reading one and mentioned that I had them too...and
she told me Dad had given them to her!)but I can't replace the first 3.
...And I don't think that my father has ever understood why I was so
upset!!  On the other hand, when my parents packed up my stuff and sent
them to me in a container, around 1980, they didn't pack those books up,or
any of my French books, but they packed my series of Forsyte Saga and
Georgette Heyer's paperbacks, which I can pick up here in any small
bookshop anywhere!!Wouldn't you think they would have asked me what I
wanted? Even though they sent the container as a surprise.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com