I contacted Chrysalis/Batsford about 'Further Steps in Honiton Lace'
featured on their web site with a 30% reduction until Monday even though
it's out of print, and this is the reply I got:

<Dear Madam,
Thanks for your email. We have a policy of featuring 'out of print' books on
the website because sometimes they do come back in print and people use the
website as an information resource. Unfortunately, this is not the case for
the books you are interested in. I am sorry to disappoint you on this
occasion.
With regards, Helene>

Strange policy. Helene didn't answer my question about why they'd featured
it with the discounted price if it couldn't be bought. They've had a
not-very-good reputation in the past (even though the books are good), and
clearly they're not getting any better.

Jean in Poole