I'm not online at the moment, so I can't go Googling, but I believe
"styrofoam" is a brand name for "expanded polystyrene foam".

In the US, we have "bead board", expanded polystyrene beads, and "foam
cups" made of those beads. Easily broken, and you can see the individual
beads when you break a piece. Often molded as packing material, and years
ago I saw a car engine that was partly cast in a mold where they had done
the "lost wax process" using styrofoam instead of wax: you could see the
imprint of the foam beads in the casting!

We also have polystyrene insulation board, sometimes called "blue board",
although the sheets we bought for our home addition are pink! This is
foamed all in one piece, no beads.

I believe the ethafoam is expanded poly-ETHYLENE (as opposed to styrene).
And I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will be so kind as to correct me.

Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA
alwen at i2k dot com

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to