I doubt any of these would work for 150+ pairs, but they do for 50-100.

1.
Some people have fabric "books" that they put to each side of the pillow.
They open to the last "page", lay bobbins in there, flip the next page over
them and lay more bobbins in there, etc.  I do not get along with these
books at all.  The layers are lumpy, especially with spangled bobbins or
continentals that have a lot of shape, and I find it hard to keep the upper
layers from jumbling up and/or falling out of the book.

2.
I often use those wood strips that look like tongue depressors with elastic.
Kenn makes some, as does Aebi (sp?), and several dealers carry them.  They
have a hole at each end for pinning them to the pillow during transport.  I
keep Continental (Swiss) bobbins in them when the pillow is packed.  For
Midlands, I secure them differently but still use the strips for making
space.

When I need space on the pillow, I park 3-5 strips to one side and run a
longish divider pin through the pinholes at the far end of them.  With a
single pin, they swivel out of the way.  Then I lay a row of bobbins up
against the pin and swivel the lowest strip over them, and pin the near end
in place.  The bobbins stay neatly lined up between the pins under the
strip.  As I continue to work bobbins, I lay them atop the wood strip
starting at the far pin.  When I reach the near pin, I remove the pin,
swivel the next strip to lay on top of the bobbins, and pin through both
strips.  I can stack the bobbins 5 layers high with 4 stips.  If I had
longer-pinned dividers, I could stack them higher.

The advantage over the fabric books is that you have a rigid layer between
each layer of bobbins.  Each layer of bobbins is therefore on a flat
surface, so they don't jump over each other as much.  They are ready to work
from without looking to see which thread goes to which bobbin.

I keep a stack of strips at each side of the pillow and, as I work from one
side to the other of the lace, pick up bobbins from the top layer of one
stack and lay the finished bobbins onto the other stack.  When I've removed
all the bobbins from one layer, I unpin the wood strip and re-pin through
the remaining strips.

3.
For spangled bobbins, I also use a marvelous thingy I got from Lia
Baumeister in one of her classes.  These are chain stitched from 6-ply
embroidery floss or something about that thickness.  The strip of chain
stitches is looped back on itself at one end.  I thread the loop through one
spangle and run the unlooped end through the loop.  This secures the thingy
to that spangle.  Then I can thread neighboring spangles onto the loose end
and move the whole batch as a unit.  Because it's just thread, I can fold
the whole batch over itself to take up less room, and I can pin through the
thread to keep them out of the way but in order.  When there are no other
bobbins run through the thing, the thread just hangs down and doesn't get in
the way.  I can have several of these hanging off bobbins, and load them up
as needed.

Robin P.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
http://www.pittsburghlace.8m.com/