I am taking a reticella class with Suzanne Gude of Australia at the  IOLI
convention. One of the materials required for the class is a 20" x 20"  piece of
calico.
In the US, calico is a printed fabric with little flowers all over it that
the pioneer ladies wore when they traveled west in wagon trains.
However, I think that this would not be very useful in a reticella class. I
am wondering if calico is a plain white cotton cloth, or perhaps a solid
colored  cloth in Australia or England. The size of the calico is exactly the size
of the  special linen that we are working on, so I wonder if it is supposed to
be a  contrasting background or something. I have never done this kind of
work  before.
Devon