Thank you all for lots of ideas on leftover threads and information about
how much to wind!  I feel much better now.  I took some of my leftover
threads of the bobbins and stuck them all into a ziploc bag, miraculously
they don't tangle.  I even used some of them!
Right now I think I'll try to use them up by making small lengths of all the
cool Milanese braids I just discovered, and giving them as bookmarks to
people who show up for my wedding <g>.

Weronika