Hello all,
Here in Spain, we work since ever hands-up, on a firm long pillow, or a bolster pillow.

do you do half stitch as TC, instead of CT?

As Gabriele explained, you don't *have to*, but it makes sense, because of the possibility of the bobbins tangling up

either when they're hanging down off your work (you don't pin out *every* pair you've just passed... Except, maybe, at

the very beginning <g>), or when they're pinned out in bunches. It's easier to check that there are *no* twists on a

pair, than to check *how many* are on it.

In general I agree with all what have been said, excepting how halfstitch can be made.
I usually work CT.
It seems that the pairs have to be tangled, but they are not more than when you have to check which are the pairs that you have to twist, before crossing, and many times you choose the wrong pair.

For me is easier to take directly from the pillow the pairs previously twisted, and if in any moment tangle, is easier too, to find out the "next pair", because you see all the pairs on the pillow, perfectly twisted pair by pair.
Something important to say is that you have to "watch the threads not the bobbins". It seems a nonsense but it is something that I always insist to my lacemakers when they are beginners.

Best regards
--

Carolina de la Guardia http://www.geocities.com/carolgallego/

Private apartments for rent on Spanish Coast
http://www.winterinspain.com