Hi Susan, I can't help you with your crochet queries - except we get
0.4mm crochet hooks from our lace suppliers, which is about right with
sewing cotton.  Don't know what that translates to in US sizes.

Really just writing to say it's good to hear from you again <VBG>

Jacquie

that is an american size 15, and i have heard that the bobbin lace
shops carry size 15 and 16 for working with the lace.  i am not sure
what you do with them in bobbin lace making, but that was suggested the
first place i try when i first inquired about them.  i found needle
point joint carried every size, so i didn't look any further.

and thank you, it is great hearing from you too!

=====
from susan in tennessee,u.s.a.