On Aug 11, 2004, at 1:01, Ann-Marie Lördal wrote:

I also think the postage was too expensive. I will wait a couple of years,
maybe it will be in paperback or availeble through Amazon or something.

It already *is* in paperback <g>; that's what "softcover" means in US-English. And, being a semi-private publication (a regional Lace Guild, sponsored by a national one), it's unlikely to *ever* be distributed via Amazon (just like my own isn't, and isn't going to be <g>). *Especially if* it is a limited edition - as Jo Ann has said it was. Nor is it likely to be reprinted (as mine will be, if there's a need); if it's a fundraiser for the '05 Convention, then, once the '05 Convention is over (or, perhaps, earlier), the need to reprint it won't be there anymore...

Your best bet might be to wait till a copy appears on E-bay... But, by then, it's likely to be a "rare book", with a reserve price to match. Or, you could wait a few months, till US economy improves. But... although the *postage* might be less then (doubtful, but possible), the *basic price* is likely to take a bigger bite out of your budget, with different conversion rates. You can't win that one, if you weren't at the IOLI Convention in Harrisonburg <g>

Me, I've printed out the order form, and will send it on, with an accompanying check (and counting my blessings there are no *other* charges eating up my funds. At least I *can* send a straightforward check, in dollars...). But bitchin' all the way, as is my priviledge :)

---
Tamara P Duvall             http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd
              Healthy US through The No-CARB Diet:
    no C-heney, no A-shcroft, no R-umsfeld, no B-ush.